Immigrants Arriving at Ellis Island,
Theodore Koch Collection
The Bentley Historical Library houses over a million and a half images documenting people, organizations, places and events in Michigan, as well as the history of the University of Michigan.
Photographs can be duplicated as prints or digital scans. The library does not provide copy negatives of images.
Check the price chart for sizes and pricing. Prices for reproductions depend on the type of reproduction.
- If you are visiting the library in person, please ask the reference staff about forms and procedures. The Reference staff can also assist you with searching MIRLYN for visual materials.
- If you are requesting photographic or digital reproductions remotely, you will need to fill out the Image Reproduction Request form , and the Image to Duplicate form , both of which are available online. Additionally, you must read and sign the copyright statement on the reverse side of the Image Reproduction Request form. You can mail, email or fax the completed forms to us.
- University of Michigan units requesting photographic or digital reproductions will need to fill out the Image Reproduction Request form and the Image to Duplicate form , both of which are available online. Additionally, you must read and sign the copyright statement on the reverse side of the Image Reproduction Request form. Paper work can be faxed to 734.936.1333.
- Normal turnaround time is three to five working days. However, we cannot guarantee that orders can be fulfilled within that time period.
- Orders can be picked up in person, mailed or retrieved from an ftp site. Mail orders may take up to an additional five working days.
- Upon completion of the order an invoice will be sent via email or postal service. We can accept cash, check, or credit cards. If you are paying by credit card you will need to phone in your credit card information. Upon receipt of remittance, your order will be delivered as indicated on the order form.
- Express courier service is available as long as the researcher provides an account number for billing. If a carrier other than Federal Express or Airborne is desired, please consult the reference staff.
Rush orders are handled on a case-by-case basis. Rush prices are a 100% increase over regular prices. Please consult with the Reference Archivist.
Patrons who wish reference staff to conduct research on specific images should fill out the online reference request form. Requests for images will be treated as regular research requests. If images are found matching the request, the reference staff will send patrons photocopies of the images along with the necessary paperwork required to order the image.
*Should the user wish to include any image(s) in a public display, printed work, or audio-visual production, a separate request must be made requesting permission to do so.*