Interlibrary Loan Requests
Microfilm that the Bentley Historical Library has made for preservation purposes may be requested through interlibrary loan by following the instructions below.
Microfilm not available through interlibrary loan includes:
- Michigan Daily
- Master negatives
- Microfilm not produced by the BHL
- Microfilm of originals which are not owned by or housed at the BHL
Procedures for Requesting Microfilm
- Locate the name of the collection containing the microfilm, the call number, and specific reels desired for the loan.
- Contact your local public or academic library to initiate the request.
- Ask the borrowing library to send an ALA form directly to: Reference and Access Services, Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan, 1150 Beal Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2113, or the form can befaxed to the Bentley Library at: 734-936-1333. We will send the microfilm out as soon as we receive the ALA request form.
- Up to six reels may be loaned at a time for a period of six weeks. Microfilm must be used only in the borrowing library.
Printable Ill Form