Anthropology and Archaeology
Kelsey Museum expedition staff Kos Aushim, 1926. Francis Willey Kelsey papers, 1894-1928 Box 4, Photographs
Kelsey Museum of Archaeology
- 128 linear ft.
Established in 1928, the Kelsey Museum of Archaeology houses artifact collections from the ancient and Byzantine cultures of Egypt, Rome, Greece, and the Middle East and sponsors field work in classical archaeology.
The record group consists of 12 individual collections documenting the administration, research, and teaching of the museum and its associates. Individual collections include the papers of Francis W. Kelsey; papers of museum directors and curators, principally Orma F. Butler, Enoch E. Peterson, Louise A. Shier, and John G. Winter; papers of university faculty associated with the museum or the study and teaching of classical and medieval studies, notably Arthur E.R. Boak, Campbell Bonner, Thomas S. Jerome, and Robert H. McDowell; as well as records of the Institute of Archaeological Research, and material on the 1975-1979 Carthage expeditions.