First United Methodist Church of Ypsilanti (Ypsilanti, Mich.) during replastering of dome, January, 1953. From the First United Methodist Church of Ypsilanti (Ypsilanti, Mich.) collection, Box 5.
Bay View Association
- Bay View Association records, 1875-1997
- 2 linear ft., 43 reels of microfilm, and 1 folder
Established originally as a Chautauqua-campground association of the Methodist Church at Bay View, Michigan, now concerned with community affairs and the presentation of summer programs of religious and cultural content.
Leases, lot books, and assessment rolls; annual reports, minutes of trustees' meetings, published material, and transcripts of interviews with residents.
Bethel A.M.E. Church (Detroit, Mich.)
- Bethel A.M.E. Church records, 1897s-1990s (bulk 1912-1969)
- 0.2 linear ft., 2 oversize items, and 2 microfilm reels
Microfilmed materials include quarterly conference reports; record books with lists of members, baptisms, marriages, and related information; minute books of trustees and various church groups.
Original materials include historical and background information; inaugural address of pastor Joseph L. Roberts; biographical sketch of pastor William H. Peck; and photographs.
First Methodist Church (Battle Creek, Mich.)
- First Methodist Church manuscript history, ca. 1907
- 1 item
Historical sketch and list of pastors.
First Methodist Episcopal Church (Hastings, Mich.)
- First Methodist Episcopal Church financial records, 1919-1924
- 1 v.
First Methodist Episcopal Society (Detroit, Mich.)
- First Methodist Episcopal Society constitution, 1822
- 1 item
First Methodist Protestant Church (Livonia, Mich.)
- First Methodist Protestant Church classbook, 1855-1865
- 1 item
Lists of members with brief notes on individuals.
First United Methodist Church of Ann Arbor (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
- First United Methodist Church of Ann Arbor records, 1833-1992 (bulk 1875-1978)
- 6 linear feet
Proceedings and minutes of various church boards and committees; baptism and marriage records, topical files relating to church activities and personalities; and photographs.
First United Methodist Church of Ypsilanti (Ypsilanti, Mich.)
- First United Methodist Church of Ypsilanti records, 1831-1995
- 5 linear feet, 1 oversize volume, and 1 outsize folder
Record of quarterly conferences, roll of members, treasurer's books, minutes of the board of trustees, records of the Women's Society of Christian Service, scrapbooks and secretary's records; and photographs.
Isabella Indian Mission (Mich.)
- Isabella Indian Mission historical sketch, undated
- 21 p.
History of the missionary activities of the Methodist Episcopal Church among the Chippewa Indians in Isabella County, Michigan and vicinity, 1841-1890.
Maple Methodist Church (Battle Creek, Mich.)
- Maple Methodist Church historical sketch, ca. 1938
- 6 p.
125th anniversary photograph of parishioners who had been members of First United Methodist Church of Ypsilanti (Ypsilanti, Mich.) for 50 years or more, 1950. From the First United Methodist Church of Ypsilanti (Ypsilanti, Mich.) collection, Box 5.
Methodist Episcopal Church (Morenci, Mich.)
- Methodist Episcopal Church minutes, 1910-1925
- 1 v.
Minutes of the women's home missionary society.
Methodist Episcopal Church (Perrinsville, Westland, Mich.)
- Methodist Episcopal Church (Perrinsville, Westland, Mich.) records, 1845-1871
- 1 folder
The First Wesleyan Methodist Church of Nankin was founded in 1845 by members who split from the Methodist Episcopal Church over the issue of slavery. By 1870 the church referred to itself as Methodist Episcopal and its location was specified as Perrinsville.
Minutes of church meetings.
Methodist Episcopal Church (Saline, Mich.)
- Methodist Episcopal Church petition, 1842
- 1 item
Petition of some members of the church for transfer to the Wesleyan Methodist Church; the unstated reason probably the slavery issue.
Methodist Episcopal Church. Dundee Circuit (Mich.)
- Methodist Episcopal Church, Dundee Circuit records, 1837-1856
- 1 v.
Minutes, financial and baptismal records.
Methodist Episcopal Church. Women's Home Missionary Society (Adrian, Mich.)
- Methodist Episcopal Church, Women's Home Missionary Society records, 1887-1897
- 1 v.
Minutes and financial statements of the annual meetings.
Methodist-Presbyterian Cooperative Church (Evart, Mich.)
- Methodist-Presbyterian Cooperative Church records, 1919-1922
- 18 items
Plan of cooperative union of the churches, correspondence, and other documents.
Milford Methodist Church (Mich.)
- Milford Methodist Church records, 1878-1914
- 3 v.
Reports and lists of church members, 1885-1914, of the women's missionary society; and minutes and financial records of the Sunday school, 1878-1882.
Mt. Morris Methodist Church (Mich.)
- Mt. Morris Methodist Church manuscript history, 1938
- 4 p.
Mount Zion African Methodist Episcopal Church (Battle Creek, Mich.)
- Mount Zion African Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1925-2008
- 4 linear ft.
Battle Creek, Michigan African American church.
Records of church conferences, board, and trustees meetings; also materials relating to the church as gathered by church historian, Frank R. Brown.
First United Methodist Church (Ann Arbor, Mich.) and Sackett Hall. From the Postcard collection.
Pinckney Methodist Church (Mich.)
- Pinckney Methodist Church records, 1871-1891
- 1 v.
Constitution, membership rolls, and minutes of the women's missionary society.
Quinn Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church (Flint, Mich.)
- Quinn Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church (Flint, Mich.) collection, 2000-2010
- 0.1 linear feet and 1 oversize folder
Church organized in 1875 in Flint, Michigan; named in memory of William Paul Quinn, fourth bishop of the A.M.E. Church.
Anniversary brochures, 2000, 2008, and 2010; also scanned photographs of historic marker in front of contemporary church facility; also scanned photographs of previous buildings and of church pastors and early members.
St. Paul African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church (Detroit, Mich.)
- St. Paul African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church records, 1957-2002
- 7 linear ft.
Correspondence, administrative files, Sunday bulletins, and topical files relating to the activities of the church and its pastors, most notably William Hilliard and William C. Ardrey.
Stockwell Memorial Library (Albion College)
- Michigan Methodist Conference historical collection, 1837-1915
- 20 microfilm reels
Materials relating to the Methodist Church in Michigan; include conference reports, correspondence, diaries, biographies, records of individual churches, histories, and related papers.
Wesleyan Methodist Church (Alton, Mich.)
- Wesleyan Methodist Church records, 1891-1906
- 1 v.
Minutes and membership rolls.
Wesleyan Methodist Church (Brighton, Mich.)
- Wesleyan Methodist Church records, 1842-1877
- 1 v.
Minutes of the quarterly conferences of the Milford, Michigan Circuit.
Wesleyan Methodist Connection (or Church) of America. Michigan Conference
- Wesleyan Methodist Church, Michigan Conference records, 1852-1942
- 3 reels microfilm
Minutes, financial material, membership statistics, and biographies of ministers; and minutes, 1857-1916, of the Leoni Wesleyan Church.
West Side United Methodist Church (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
- West Side United Methodist Church records, 1846-2000 (bulk 1950-1999)
- 16 linear ft.
Church originally established by German immigrant families to Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Quarterly and annual reports of the church, records of church boards and commissions, Sunday School minutes and reports, subject files, publications, visual materials, and sound recordings.
Temperance march in front of First United Methodist Church (Ann Arbor, Mich.). From the First United Methodist Church (Ann Arbor, Mich.) collection, Box 7.