Please follow these instructions to request an item for your use in the Reading Room.
If you would like to order copies from our collections, please follow these instructions as the first step in ordering, even if you won’t be visiting the library. Then, you can continue from Step 3 in the instructions for Submitting a Duplication Order.
The majority of our material can be requested from two places:
- the Mirlyn online library catalog
- the collection’s finding aid (please scroll down to the instructions “How do I request items from the finding aids?”)
If you have any questions, please contact the Reference staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-764-3482. We’re here to help!
How do I Request Items from Mirlyn?
1. Click on the title of the item you’d like to select.
2. Click Request This. If you do not see a “Request this” button, scroll down to the instructions “How do I Request Items from the Finding Aids?”
3. If prompted, log in using your research account username and password.
4. Finalize your request information and click Submit Request.
5. For duplication orders, continue with Step 3 of the duplication instructions.
6. You will see the request in your research account and can monitor its status.
How do I Request Items from the Finding Aids?
If you do not see a “Request this” button in Mirlyn, the collection probably has a finding aid (collection inventory).
1. Click the “Finding aid available online” link.
2. Click Contents List of a finding aid, select one or more checkboxes for folders you want to see (we will retrieve the entire box for you, even if you only select one folder).
3. For duplication orders, please select all folders that contain material you want copied.
4. Click the Request button at the top of the Contents List.
5. Finalize your request information and click Submit Request.
6. If prompted to authenticate, log in using your research account details.
7. For duplication orders, continue with Step 3 of the duplication instructions.
8. You will see your Reading Room request in your research account and can monitor its status.
If you are requesting duplication of these materials, you’ve completed the first step of ordering your material! Please continue with Step 3 in the instructions for submitting orders, where you will list specific items, then select your delivery format and method.
If you have any questions about this process, you can always call the main phone number (734-764-3482) and select the prompt for the Reference staff, or email email@example.com. We’re happy to help!