Stores and Shops

In April 1912, the Board of Regents approved the construction of a storehouse that would cost approximately $25,000 (this figure was later increased to $35,000). This building was completed in 1914 at the corner of North University and Forest Avenues. It provided 4,670 square feet of floor space. It housed the office of the superintendent, all divisions of the Buildings and Grounds Department (except for the Laundry and Power Plant). A portion of the building was used for stock supplies.

Sources: The University of Michigan: An Encyclopedic Survey; Walter A. Donnelly, Wilfred B. Shaw, and Ruth W. Gjelsness, editors; Ann Arbor : University of Michigan Press, 1958