Associate Archivist | Digital Curation Services | deromedi at umich dot edu
Nancy Deromedi is an Associate Archivist and Head of the Digital Curation Services division. Her particular area of expertise is the appraisal and archival preservation of records produced digitally. Prior to the formation of the Digital Curation Services division in April 2011, Nancy was an archivist in the University Archives and Records Program. She has been an active functional team member on the MeMail project. This project has worked to developed a system for administrators at the University of Michigan to archive record e-mail.
She is a regular guest lecturer for courses at the University of Michigan's School of Information, Society of American Archivists, Midwest Archives Conference and Michigan Archival Association. Nancy also serves as an instructor (with Michael Shallcross) for the SAA workshop "Managing Electronic Records in Archives and Special Collections."
- administration of web archiving for University Archives and Records Program and Michigan Historical Collections
- administration of procedures and policy for the processing of digital content
- serve as resource division for digital preservation issues
- work closely with Bentley Library archivists on the transfer of digital content from record creators
- provide best practice guidelines to creators of digital content
- The Next Generation Archives: Digital Curation at the Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan
- Society of American Archivists Campus Case Study 1 Gaps and Inconsistencies: Issues in the Dissemination of the University Bulletin at the University of Michigan
- Society of American Archivists Campus Case Study 2 Defining and Formalizing a Procedure for Archiving the Digital Version of the Schedule of Classes at the University of Michigan
- Society of American Archivists Campus Case Study 3 Generating and Archiving Records in Digital Form of the Promotion and Tenure Process at the University of Michigan