The Records Management Program is happy to meet with any unit to help it determine how long to keep their digital and paper-based records and what to ultimately do with their records.
We offer consultation services that include:
- records inventory and retention plan development;
- on-site appraisal and space evaluations;
- assistance in the development of filing systems and filenaming conventions;
- assistance in planning digitization and document management implementations;
- training in all areas of application of records management policies and procedures; and
- liaison services between units and the Bentley Historical Library.
To request a consultation, please contact us at UMrecords@umich.edu.