The Bentley Historical Library is open to the general public.
Hours and Location
Open for Research:
Monday: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Tuesday: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Wednesday: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Thursday: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Friday: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Bentley Historical Library
1150 Beal Avenue
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2113
- Exit at Geddes Avenue; proceed west on Geddes Avenue.
- Go straight through the light at the intersection of Geddes and Huron Parkway.
- Geddes Avenue becomes Fuller Road at this intersection. Continue on Fuller Road.
- Immediately after the third light, which is at Glazier Way and the V.A. Medical Center parking structure, turn right onto Beal Avenue.
- The Bentley Historical Library is the second building on the right, after the Gerald Ford Presidential Library.
Parking and Bus Service
The library is located on the University of Michigan’s North Campus. Free parking is available on the south side of the building in Lot NC42, with a permit provided at the time of your visit.
U-M Bus Routes and Schedules
Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority (TheRide) Bus Routes and Schedules
TheRide Routes nearby
Route #3: Huron River
Route #22: Pontiac-Dhu Varren
Route #66: Carpenter-Huron Parkway (Green Road Park & Ride is a stop on this route)
Access to Services
Please inform us about specific accommodations you may need by calling 734-764-3482 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The front entrance is wheelchair accessible and equipped with an automatic door opener, as is the entrance from the lobby into the public area.
- Our hallways, meeting rooms, and reading room are wheelchair accessible.
- An adjustable-height table is available in the reading room.
- A wheelchair accessible drinking fountain is located near the front entrance.
- A gender-inclusive and wheelchair accessible restroom is available. Please request information at the front desk.
- A lactation room is located in the Lurie Biomedical Engineering Building (LBME) across the street. Please contact Bentley staff to request its use as soon you can because we must arrange key access.
- For information about additional resources for the U-M community, please see M-Library’s accessibility page.
The Bentley Historical Library Reference staff offers general assistance in person, by phone, and by email.
Ask An Archivist – this online form sends Reference staff your questions about our library, collections, duplication policies, or copyright information.