The Bentley remains closed to the public and staff. We will be unable to respond to requests or fulfill orders until staff return to the building.
We will continue to receive research requests and duplication orders through our normal online process, however, we will be unable to respond to these requests immediately.
Please see our full closure announcement here.
The Bentley Historical Library welcomes you to explore and engage with our vast collections. The Library is open without fee to the public, and is committed to providing equal access to library services, programs and collections to all library users.
Hours and Location
December 25, 2020 – January 1, 2021, Holiday Recess: Closed
Bentley Historical Library
1150 Beal Avenue
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2113
From US 23: Exit at Geddes Avenue; proceed west on Geddes Avenue. Go straight through the light at the intersection of Geddes and Huron Parkway. Geddes Avenue becomes Fuller Road at this intersection. Continue on Fuller Road. Immediately after the third light, which is at Glazier Way and the V.A. parking structure, turn right onto Beal Avenue. The Bentley Historical Library is the second building on the right, after the Gerald Ford Presidential Library.
Parking and Bus Service
The library is located on the University of Michigan’s North Campus. Free parking is available on the south side of the building, with a permit provided at the time of your visit.
U-M Bus Routes and Schedules
Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority (TheRide) Bus Routes and Schedules
TheRide Routes nearby
Route #3: Huron River
Route #22: Pontiac-Dhu Varren
Route #66: Carpenter-Huron Parkway (Green Road Park & Ride is a stop on this route)
Access to Services
Please inform us about specific accommodations you may need by calling 734-764-3482, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The front entrance is wheelchair accessible and equipped with an automatic door opener, as is the entrance from the lobby into the public area.
- Our hallways, meeting rooms and reading room are wheelchair accessible.
- A wheelchair accessible drinking fountain is located near the front entrance.
- A gender-inclusive and wheelchair accessible restroom is available. Please request information at the front desk.
- A lactation room is located in the Lurie Biomedical Engineering Building (LBME) across the street. Please request information at the front desk.
- For information about additional resources for the U-M community, please see M-Library’s accessibility page.
The Bentley Historical Library Reference staff offers general assistance in person, by phone, and by email.
Ask An Archivist – this online form can be sent to Reference staff with your questions about our library, collections, duplication policies, or copyright information.